Employment Opportunities at MAM
Bilingual Assistance Associate & Appointment Scheduler
Family Assistance Programs
Director of Family Assistance Programs
Full Time, non-exempt
Family Assistance Programs at MAM help families in financial
crisis avoid eviction and homelessness and provide help for families to meet their basic needs through financial assistance, Case Management and/or connections to other programs within MAM’s network of services and those available in the community. Family Assistance is one of many programs at MAM that help move clients to self-sufficiency. Team members actively engage clients and connect them to other programs such as Employment Services, Financial Education, Mental Health Counseling, Client Navigation and Advocacy, Immigration Legal Services, English Language and Citizenship Preparation instruction and disaster recovery services. MAM also provides application assistance for public benefits and facilitates access to a variety of free services and connections with community partners.
The Appointment Scheduler:
- Answers incoming calls from those seekinginformation about financial assistance and/or those requesting appointments.
- Conducts initial screening based on MAM’s scope of services, collects information, enters information in the database, schedules clients for programs and appointments.
- Answers questions and provides information over the telephone and in person.
- Monitors voice mails and returns calls to clients that have left messages.
- Monitors the Pledge electronic mailbox to pull out email and pair it with pledges that need further processing.
- Assists in the reception area during other staff lunch time.
- Interviews clients eligible for financial assistance, ensuring that related documentation is accurate, complete and properly entered in the database.
- In a timely manner, answers incoming calls for assistance, conducts initial screening, gathers information and schedules appointments as appropriate.
- Answers, transfers, and directs a high volume of incoming calls; forwards calls to staff members and departments to ensure that callers reach appropriate person or program.
- Screens each caller and obtains the name and relevant details from the caller before transferring to appropriate staff.
- Stays up-to-date on all programs and services of MAM in order to accurately inform callers and visitors.
- Gathers complete and accurate information and accurately enters information collected into the database.
- Routinely provides up-to-date information on MAM’s services, programs and enrollment procedures.
- Ensures that complete information is gathered from callers and is properly recorded.
- Perform data entry, and processes paperwork and records as required.
- Trains other staff on the appointment scheduler software.
- Maintains a record of calls.
- Collects and responds on a timely manner messages left on voicemail.
- Monitor and process incoming email request in the general box for pledges.
- Places reminder calls for appointments and special program activities.
- Performs general administrative and clerical duties, such as copying, data entry, proofreading, etc.
- Process assistance referrals send by member churches, schools, etc. and send back periodic status reports.
- Interviews Spanish speaking clients for MAM assistance when needed.
- Provides assistance to programs and staff at satellite locations as needed.
- Process client payments for services if needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Commitment to MAM’s Mission, Philosophy of Services and Theory of Change.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from all walks of life and treat them with dignity, respect and fairness / the ability to separate personal values and beliefs from those of the people we serve.
- Demonstrates a very high level of emotional intelligence and ability to adjust their own approach in order to accommodate the needs of others.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Interest, ability and/or experience working with volunteers.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in customer service, scheduling, reception, etc.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail such as with data collection, data entry, scheduling and managing multiple tasks quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate+ skills with Microsoft Office, email, Internet, database, etc.
- Fully fluent in English (read, write, and conversation)
- Fully fluent in Spanish (read, write, and conversation)
- Flexible to occasionally work in the evening and/or weekends to accommodate the needs of MAM.
- Regularly must be available between the hours of 8:30-5PM Monday-Friday
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use keyboard, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Required to have the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Required to remain at their workstation for prolonged periods of time
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions/ Work Environment:
- Primary work location is a climate-controlled indoor office environment.
- Flexibility for local travel related to job requirements.
Interested candidates should send:
- a resume
- application (PDF below)
- cover letter
Or complete the online application by clicking the "Apply Now" button below.
We will contact those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Thank you for your interest.
Upload the documents requested above during the online application process.